Germantown Academy’s commitment to building a strong, vibrant, engaged community has been the cornerstone of our school for more than 260 years.
In order to welcome students of diverse socioeconomic backgrounds, we offer financial aid in the form of a tuition grant to families of admitted students who are not able to afford the full cost of tuition.
We invite you to learn more about financial aid at Germantown Academy and welcome your calls if you have any questions. Please call 267-405-7070 so that we may help you!
The financial aid process and the admission process are by necessity very separate.
Requesting financial aid and developing a preliminary financial plan do not affect a student’s chance of being admitted.
- Germantown Academy believes strongly that advance planning is a very healthy approach to the admission and enrollment process and it allows families to enter the admission process with a clear picture of their options. We offer preliminary financial aid meetings at the request of the applicant family.
Who is eligible for Financial Aid?
- Financial aid is available to students in PreK through 12th Grade. For students in PreK-5th grades, tuition grants are typically limited to no more than ½ tuition. Families who are experiencing financial hardship in a particular year are welcome to discuss their specific circumstances with the Director of Admission, Enrollment and Financial Aid.
It is in every applicant’s best interest to adhere to all admission and financial aid deadlines.
- While GA is committed to supporting families with demonstrated financial need, we are not necessarily able to meet full need of all qualified candidates.
Financial Aid Awards
- Families should complete the financial aid process while also completing the admission process, however we are unable to offer an official financial aid award until an offer of admission is made.
- Parents/Guardians are responsible for the cost of an independent school education and for completing the admission and financial aid processes for their child(ren).
Financial Aid Details
GA is now using the Clarity Application to determine a family’s level of financial need based on the information that families share in the application which includes assets, income, expenses, and debts.
To get started, please review the FINANCIAL AID PROCESS below. The application typically takes less than 30 minutes to complete. The Clarity Application is also mobile-friendly so you can complete it from anywhere. You are also able to save your progress and return at any time. At the end of the application, there is a $60 fee to submit, and you can share your application with additional schools that accept the Clarity Application for no additional charge. Simply use the dropdown menu in the application to select those schools.
Financial Aid FAQs
- Who can apply for financial aid?
- Does GA Offer Scholarships?
- Is Financial Aid a loan I have to pay back?
- Who makes decisions about financial aid? Will this information remain confidential?
- Will I know my financial aid award before I must sign my enrollment contract?
- Do I have to apply for financial aid each year?
- Is there an appeal process for financial aid?